NA Services and Resources
Narcotics Anonymous holds over 100 meetings per month in Bali. An NA meeting is typically an hour long sharing session. Members share with each other how they get clean, the benefits of staying clean and the challenges they face in their lives. The sharing can be very honest and many people who attend meetings are touched by the honesty and openness of the members. It is this sharing, in an atmosphere of recovery and participating in the lives of other members, that forms one of the cornerstones of NA recovery.
NA has both open and closed meetings. Open meetings can be attended by anyone with an interest in NA; however speaking at meetings is limited to NA members or people who think they may have a drug problem. Closed meetings limit attendance to NA members or people who think that they may have a drug problem.
Professionals, students, probation officers, partners and friends of addicts are welcome to come to open NA meetings to see for themselves how NA works. If you are considering coming to NA meetings you can contact NA either through the Contact page on this site or by calling one of our phone line numbers. It can be helpful to meet with some members before the meeting so you understand what will happen. Please consider reading Going To Your First NA Meeting and the suggestions below at the bottom of this page.
In addition to meetings in Bali, NA runs more than 67,000 weekly meetings around the world. NA members often visit meetings in other countries when traveling. You can find the location of international meetings from the World Services meetings locator page.
Suggestions for attending meetings:
• PLEASE never repeat what you hear at an NA meeting – confidentiality is very important;
• Feel free to share your personal experience of attending with others;
• If you attend with others, try not to sit together instead spread out around the room;
• When there is a round of introductions just say “my name is (your name) and I am a visitor”;
• Reading cards are placed on seats and the people sitting in that seat are expected to read the card;
• Please do not give money when the basket is passed; contributions are for members only.
Thank you for willingness to learn about NA.